Forget your AOL account password? Actually, if you are worried because you have forgotten the password and now you can’t check the important emails sent by your clients, then no worries at all. Because you are in the article, in which I will assist you to recover your forgotten AOL account password. So, let’s just dive into the process to recover your password.
Forget AOL Account Password
- The first step in the process is to open any updated available browser from your computer or laptop. The browser can be either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- After you open it, type account.aol.com, and then press enter from your keyboard. After you press enter you will land on its home page.
- On its home screen, you will see the sign in box.
- Inside the sign box, and under the Password box, you will see Forgot password link, and then click it.
- Then, Enter your AOL Username or email address in the Username or Email field. In the second field, enter the words or characters you see displayed in the image and then click next.
- One thing you need to remember is if in case you don’t see the image clearly, you can click the refresh button to display a new set of words or characters. If however that doesn’t help either, you can also click the volume button to have the words read aloud.
Then, the AOL site will need to verify that the account belongs to you. For that, under verify this is your account, select a confirmation option. After that, you can now reset your password.
- Reset your password by typing a new password in the New Password box, and then re typing your new password in the Retype New Password box.
- However, make sure your new password is case sensitive and six to sixteen characters long. The reason to have six to sixteen characters long and case sensitive password is to protect your account from the hackers.
- Having an easy password, means your account is vulnerable to hackers, so put the strong password. After that, click next.
Thus, right after you click next, the website will reset your password. Then, click done to sign in with your new password. All in all these are the easy process to reset your forgotten AOL account password. Hopefully, I believe you have now insight on how you can change the password. Besides, you can also share this article into your social networking sites to help those who could be having trouble resetting the AOL password. This will help you to access your AOL account which you have been trying to login.