Social networking website owned and operated by Google, Orkut was the service designed to help users meet new and old friends and maintain existing relationships. So, if you are enthused to be a member of Orkut service, then the good thing is you can sign up in its account for free. If you don’t know how you can sign up, then in this article I will be guiding you by mentioning the steps to sign up on Orkut account for free.
Steps to Sign Up Orkut Account For Free
Actually before heading to sing up process, it’s significant for you to know that Google has already ceased its operation. However, you can still use Orkut by commencing the account through Google. So, to do this you will need to follow these steps.
- At first, you will need to open any available web browser from your personal computer or laptop. The browser can be Safari, Opera Mini, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.
- Once you open the browser, type google.com/sign up in the address bar.
- Hit search or press enter from your keyboard.
- Click create an account link on the right hand side of the page.
- Enter your name in the First Name and Last Name in the respective field.
- Choose your birth date. The birth date follows month, date and year.
- Check or uncheck the box, Display my age for my future Orkut friends, if you would like your age to be shown on your profile.
- Click whether you are Male or Female.
- Click I accept the terms of service displayed in the box near the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address in the email address field.
- Enter your password in the password field.
- Type the Captcha code. The code is displayed in the image below the password field.
- Click creates my Google account button. Clicking the button will login to your Google and Orkut accounts.
Well, these are the easy steps to create a free account in Orkut account. Now, let me give you some other interesting facts of Orkut. Actually, Orkut was one of the most visited websites in India and Brazil in 2008. Founded on 2004, on 2014, Google closed the Orkut service and stating no new accounts could be created starting from 2014. However, if one wants then users can download their Orkut profile archive by Google Takeout. Unlike other social networking site, Orkut enabled anyone to visit anyone’s profile, unless a potential visitor is on your ignore list. Likewise, An Orkut user could also add videos to their profile from YouTube. Its user further was allowed to choose and change Themes. Users were able to change their interface from a wide range of colorful themes in library. Like Facebook users were also able to use a like button to share interests with friends.
Well, all in all these are the steps and amazing services provided by Orkut for its users. Hopefully I believe you have now insight on how you can sign up Orkut account for free.